Chase Morgan-Swaney, LPCC-S
- Position: Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor-Supervisor (LPCC-S)
- Experience: 6 Years
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 440-230-6191
About Chase (he/him)
Chase is a doctoral candidate in the Counselor Education and Supervision Ph.D. program and adjunct faculty member within the School of Counseling at The University of Akron. He holds an M.A.Ed. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from The University of Akron (’18) and a B.A. in Psychology from The Ohio State University (’15). In addition to being a published scholar, Chase has 50+ international, national, state, and invited conference presentations and guest lectures. His presentations and lectures have covered a range of topics, though mostly focused on LGBTQ+ issues in counseling, clinical supervision, social justice, and advocacy.
He specializes in serving the mental health, wellness, education, and career needs of LGBTQ+ adolescents and adults. He has experience working with all ages living with an array of mental health and substance use concerns in a community mental health agency, a pediatric hospital, a university training clinic, and in group private practice settings. Through a mindfulness-based, compassion-focused approach, his intention is to show up for you as you grow in your capacity to show up for yourself and others. Chase is an affirmative professional clinical counselor who engages in mutually empathic, growth-fostering relationships that empower diverse individuals and couples to meet their needs. Derived both through and from our work together, we will foster a sense of zest, self-worth, clarity, movement, and a desire for more connection within our lives. All the while, we are mindful that practice makes permanent and not perfect.
Chase routinely conducts individual and relational counseling, evaluations for gender-affirming procedures per World Professional Association for Transgender Health Standards of Care, and adult ADHD testing and evaluation.
– Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor-Supervisor – #E.2202842-SUPV – Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board
– National Certified Counselor (NCC) – #1142005 – National Board for Certified Counselors
– Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC) – #1142005 – National Board for Certified Counselors – Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) – #ACS-4569 – Center for Credentialing & Education
– Emerging Leader – 2021-22 – Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
– Outstanding Counseling Practitioner – 2021 – Alpha Upsilon Chapter, Chi Sigma Iota
– Outstanding Graduate Student Award – 2021 – Ohio Counseling Association
– Immediate Past President – 2022-23 – Society for Sexual, Affectional, Intersex, and Gender Expansive Identities of Ohio (SAIGEO)
– President-elect – 2022-23 – North Central Ohio Counseling Association (NCOCA)
Culturally Responsive Counseling